Sunday, November 18, 2012

Working on the ECM wiring harness

In the last few days I have starting working on the wiring. This means spending many hours studying the diagrams, figuring out exactly what each wire does, is it important for the Toyota swap, etc. It's not terribly difficult, it just takes a lot of time - at least for me it does! Luckily my donor car was a 99 Golf, so the ECM is only an 80 pin, and not the 121 pin from later years!

I am hoping to order some schedule 40 weld els tonight so that I will be ready to fabricate the exhaust manifold soon. Not sure yet if I will TIG or MIG the manifold, but leaning towards TIG. More on that to come when I get to that step.

I believe that once the wiring harness is finished and the exhaust manifold is finished, the project will easier to make progress on. At that point it will be lots of small things to do and less major issues to work through.


No comments:

Post a Comment