Thursday, November 1, 2012

First VW TDI test fit in the Toyota 4Runner

Since I finished the transmission lift mount yesterday, I decided to go ahead and do a test fit with the engine. Took a while to get the angles just right for the adapter plate dowel pins to drop into the bellhousing, but it finally dropped into place. I secured it temporarily with 2 bolts. After moving the engine around a bit and measuring to center the engine, it appears there will be enough room all around to fabricate the necessary parts. The oil pan clears the front differential by 0.75" and I can even bolt on the facotory VW AC compressor (will have to trim a corner off the old motor mount plate). Next to do is fabricate the engine mounts. I have a plan ready to go for that, just need to get a bit more material to work with.








No comments:

Post a Comment