Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Cooling System Notes & Pics

I used an aluminum circle track radiator and modified it to work. A few years after the below version was installed, a driver ran a red light and damaged my radiator. I bought the same radiator but welded -12AN fittings to it for easier use (not pictured below).


Radiator inlet box to move hose above power steering gear box.

Inlet transfer box welded onto the side tank.

These radiator mounts are designed to bolt to the frame. Radiator is isolated in the cups by rubber. Radiator is very solid in the vehicle.

Radiator did not come with a provision for a drain valve. I fixed that :)




I turned the heater core outlet 90 degrees so that I would have room to install a fitting and hose without hitting the firewall. Works great.

No comments:

Post a Comment